Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Speech

My 9th grade year at Farmington Jr. High was a fun one. I did well in all my classes and as I said before, I got the Leadership/Academic award. One male and one female were able to receive this. A boy named Tim and I were the recipients this year. One day during my science class, I was called down to the office by our fill-in 'principal'. Everyone in the class has to go "OHHH!!!" and start asking what I did to get called to the principal's office. One of my friends just yelled, "Bring me back some candy." I get there and our 'principal', Mr. Giesler, asked me to give a speech at our awards night for the 9th graders. I couldn't refuse, so I ended up give a speech on dreaming big. Natalie, Tatem, my parents, and Karl came. I actually enjoyed giving a speech. (Is that weird?)

I got my plaque and looked at it when I sat down. Of course, they spelled my name wrong. No one can spell it right. It was even spelled wrong on the program for the awards night. Goodness. I still haven't gotten my plaque back yet with the right spelling. I wonder when I will get that or if I ever will get it back.

3 comments:

Alyssa Loo Hoo said...

Congratulations of you MARVOLOUS acheivement! They never spell my name right either :)
p.s. I have the shirt you're wearing in that picture same color and all :)

Alecia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney said...

I'd say that yes it's weird that you like giving speeches because you are your mother's daughter, but then I'd also have to say no because you are your father's daughter. By the way, how did your talk in church go? I'm sad we missed it.